HOPETREE & COVID-19
In accordance with state and federal government restrictions, as well as CDC and Virginia Department of Health guidelines, HopeTree Family Services is taking a variety of wide-ranging actions to preserve the health and safety of those in our care and the dedicated staff and foster parents who provide that care.
- Our Salem campus is now officially closed to outside groups until the current governmental bans on large gatherings and social distancing restrictions are lifted. This will help protect the safety of our campus staff and the youth participating in our Therapeutic Group Homes
- Extreme care is being taken to safe-guard the health and well-being of the adults participating in the many phases of our Developmental Disabilities Ministry. In addition to all CDC guidelines, we have our own internal procedures in place to protect the health of these men and women who are at higher risk of infection.
- Foster Care staff are working remotely with foster parents to provide additional support and guidance during this critical time.
- HopeTree Academy teachers are providing remote instruction and support to their students through as many indirect contact channels as possible.
- We have cancelled our fundraising golf tournaments previously scheduled for April 23 in Salem and April 24 in Richmond. Those events will be rescheduled in the Spring of 2021.
- We have temporarily postponed the 2020 Walk for Hope fundraising event. Once restrictions are lifted, we will attempt to reschedule this campus event later this summer.
- Administration and staff are constantly monitoring information from the health department and governor’s office to help guide all decisions made regarding the safety and welfare of our the children, youth, and adults in our care.
It is important to note that HopeTree Family Services has continuously operated for 130 years. We have survived numerous other outbreaks of disease. Through World Wars and times of natural disaster, we have continued to provide the greatest level of care for those in our charge. Through God’s compassion and with encouragement and support from our donors and friends, we will persevere through this current time of upheaval.
Please remember us in your prayers as we continue our mission of empowering families, youth, and adults to lead fulfilling lives by fostering hope through God’s love.
Yours in Christ,
HopeTree Family Services