HopeTree Family Services offers a wide range of ministries for at-risk children and youth and their families across Virginia, including:
- HopeTree Foster Care introduces children who need stable, loving homes to families who can provide them. We operate Treatment Foster Care offices in Salem and Chester.
- HopeTree Academy provides a fully-accredited secondary educational program for our residents and day students from surrounding jurisdictions while they cope with their individual circumstances.
- Residential Care provides long-term opportunities for the spiritual, social, psychological, and emotional growth of at-risk youth.
- Independent Living offers a way for youth to gradually join the adult world of independence through life skills classes.
- The WOODS Program (Wilderness Outdoor Opportunity Discovery School) teaches discipline through high-adventure learning in a highly structured environment.
We also serve the needs of adults with intellectual disabilities and their families through our Developmental Disabilities Ministry which operates 18 Christian group homes across Virginia.
Camp HopeTree offers over 90 acres of rolling hills, mountain forest, and gentle streams at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Camp HopeTree serves groups that support youth and people with intellectual disabilities, and provides a place of fellowship for people of all backgrounds.
Christian Education provides opportunities for our youth and adults to participate in regular chapel services and bible studies on campus and throughout the community. Ministry groups and individuals from local churches and organization also volunteer their time to provide programs and activities for our residents.
HopeTree Family Services is supported by the Virginia Baptist Children’s Home & Family Services Foundation, and is a mission partner of the Virginia Baptist Mission Board.