Who Can Be a Foster Parent for HopeTree?
Individuals who are:
- At least 21 years of age
- Have space available in their life, heart, and home
- Are in good physical and mental health
- Are financially self-sufficient
- Able to pass background checks (Child Protective Services,
Criminal History, and Driving Record)
- Comfortable serving a Christian faith-based organization
I’m Interested – What’s Next?
1. Register to attend an Information Session to learn more about HopeTree Family Services’ Foster Care Program. Check out our Events Page for our upcoming Information Session schedule. There is no cost to attend and no obligation to move forward.
2. Submit our Application to Become a Foster Parent.
3. Complete our foster parent pre-service training.
4. Collaborate with our team to complete the home study process.
Why Choose HopeTree?
HTFS provides our foster parents with extensive training and support throughout their journey fostering with the agency.
Our comprehensive pre-service training prepares families for opening their hearts and homes to youth in foster care.
In addition to our comprehensive pre-service training, we provide our certified foster families supportive case management services,
24/7-hour emergency support, monthly training and regular support group services.
We believe our foster parents play an invaluable role in the lives of the youth we serve and actively involve them in placement matching, ensuring a family’s parenting strengths can best support the youth. In addition, we provide our families with planned respite care.
All foster parents in the state of Virginia receive a stipend to offset additional cost to provide care for the youth placed in their home.
If you’re ready to get started and become a foster parent with HopeTree,
please complete the secure contact form below: